We tested this engine kit using dual ICT weber carburetors and acheived 90 Horsepower and 130 ft lbs of torque!. The Gas Saver engine kit can also be used with a stock Solex 34 pict "jetted accordingly", Dual Kadron, solex, weber IDF, and dellorto DRLA or FRD carburetors. We have seen as high as 39 mpg with this engine kit in a late model VW beetle with a 3.88 ring and pinion and .089 4th gear.
Designed for maximum power output on Regular Fuel. The "Builders Choice" Engine Kits are set up with the novice builder in mind. Easy to assemble with pre-determined compression ratio's, connecting rod length, camshaft and cylinder heads. The "Builder's Choice" engine kit takes all the guess-work out of building your own engine. Each kit is listed with the correct carburetor size, intake manifold, and exhaust type needed to achieve the advertised Horsepower output. Never before have engine-building secrets like these been let out to the public! Take advantage from years of engine building experience with the Builders Choice Engine Kit.
OEM Distributor Drive Pinions and Brass Distributor Drive Gears are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Due to this, we can no longer supply them in the Builder's Choice Engine Kits.
All Kits come With Black Oil Pump covers and lightweight flywheels Unless specified otherwise.
Free Shipping does not apply to engine kits. We will contact you with a shipping quote when your order is ready to ship!
1179 - 1904cc Gas Saver - Builder's Choice Engine Kit includes:
- 2228 - Gas Saver Special Grind Cam, 112 degree lobe center, 224@.050 274 advanced duration camshaft
- 043-101-003.3 - Universal AS41 Engine Case (fits Type-1 & Type-2)
- 1290 - Super Race Rods (VW Rod Journal) 5.5" length (set of 4)
- 1859 - Maxi 30 Full Flow Oil Pump (your choice of cover color: Black, Blue or Red)
- 1278 - CB High Performance Case Kit
- 1537 - 28mm Ultralight Lifters (set of 8)
- 1941 - Rear Main Seal - 13, 15, & 1600cc
- 1804 - Main Bearings STD
- 1865 - Rod Bearings Type-1 STD
- 1525 - Eagle Cam Gear
- 1565 - Racing Push Rod Tubes (set of 8)
- 1672 - Panchito 044 (40 x 35.5) 90.5/92 Bore (2 qty.) wSingle Hi-Rev Valve Springs
- 1770 - Thin Line Oil Sump (1 1/2 qt.)
- 1628 - Chromoly Push Rods - Blank End (.035")
- 1053 - Super Big Bore Kit (90.5 x 82mm)
- 1039 - Wrist Pin Buttons - Teflon Buttons - 90.5mm Pistons
- 1702D - C Channel Valve Covers (set of 2)
- 1999 - 8mm Deflector Plates - fits 13, 15, & 1600cc (set of 2)
- 1904 - Case Washer Set
- 1946 - Posi-Seal Cam Plug
- 1107 - Crankshafts - 74mm 4140 Forged Chromoly Crank - VW Rod Journal
- 1303 - Forged Chromoly Lightweight Flywheel - 200mm (o-ring seal)
- 1360 - Racing Gland Nut with Washer
- 1229 - Cylinder Head Studs - 8mm Chromoly - Dual Port
- 1849 - Racing Camshaft Bearing Set
- 1918 - Crankshaft Gear Assembly Kit w/Racer Spacer
- 1692 - CB Super Stock 1.25:1 Ratio - High Lift (Rocker Arms Only)
- 1643 - High Performance Rocker Shafts
- 1644 - Rocker Arm Spacers - fits 1.1:1 and 1.25:1 High Performance Rocker Shafts
- 1523 - Swivel Feet - Stock or 1.25 VW Rockers (set of 8)
- 1665 - Valve Adjusting Nuts - 8mm (set of 8)
- 1536 - Rocker Arm Block Shims (.060) (set of 4)
- 1362 - End Play Shim Kit
- 1908 - Case Lock Nut Kit
- 1277 - Engine Case Bolts (set of 3)
- 1973 - Gasket Set - 13, 15, & 1600cc Dual & Single Port Engines
- LABOR-MC-BB - Machine Case - Big Bore
- LABOR-FLOW - Full Flow Case
- HP and fuel consumption rating based on 1-3/8 diameter merged exhaust system and Dual ICT Weber carburetors. Compression is set at 8.5:1 using listed parts in kit. This engine kit can be used with 87 octane fuel or higher.